Paramedics BA Program
Paramedics programme constitutes a coherent, clearly defined educational unit which meets the essential requirements defined by law and by these Regulations. Degree programme of close or related subject matter are prepared, approved and implemented within a field of education.
Paramedics Programme is the first pillar of Academy of Health Sciences. Furthermore, it is the cornerstone of its own existence in which, it provide student with the academic and practical experience in addition to the great practical skills in the field. Before taking injured to hospital, pre-hospital process is very important for the sake of rescuing the life of the injured. It is an essential process for the sake of saving life. Hence, the important of paramedics program and its essential role in circle of life would obvious.
Equality and Diversity concepts:
- provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our students, whether temporary, part-time or full-time.
- Prevent all types of discriminate related characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation.
- oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in pay and benefits, terms and conditions of students, dealing with grievances and discipline, dismissal, redundancy, leave for parents, requests for flexible working, and selection for students, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities.
- encourage equality and diversity for students as they are good practice in the educational sense.
- create a studying environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
- This commitment includes training students and all stuff about their rights and responsibilities under the equality concepts. Responsibilities include staff conducting themselves to help the academy provide equal opportunities in students, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination.
Aims of Paramedics Programme:
- Establish a proper understanding of the emergency development system inside and outside hospitals and the skills required for this development.
- Providing care equal and unconditional care to patients with who have illnesses or injuries that require immediate medical intervention.
- Provide society with its needs and requirements with technical competence to evaluate clinical information.
- Consolidate academic education, transfer and translate modern medical curricula and apply them in the academic study and move forward in the fields of scientific research that serve the community and conduct research and apply the results.
- Provide seminars and academic courses in the field of Paramedics in the community.
- Establish local and international partnerships with universities working in this regard in order to raise the efficiency of scientific and technical staff of the program.
The program is certified by ACQUIN Accrediterungs-, Certifizierungs- und Qualitätssicherungs-Institut.
Structure of the Program:
Paramedics program is Short Cycle Higher Education programs and it is portrayed as this kind of degree that simulates the Level 5 courses in UK with 92 ECTs corresponding to International Standard Classification of Education, ISCED 2011.
Paramedics programme is taught at the campus of the method of Face to Face teaching. Theoretical and practical lectures are being taught. Students are to attend seminars, go to hospitals and have laboratory sessions. The programme was intended to be 4 years BA but due to the unstable circumstances in Syria, we were forced to reduce it to 2 years course. Anyway, whenever we guarantee that the Security situation is stable, we are going to adopt the 4 years plan.
- New approaches in the field of paramedics (despite of the state of war, information are updated regularly).
- Fast response of students.
- High decision making which is a critical point.
- Practice via applying of Transparent Anatomical Manikin during practice. In the field of paramedics, Transparent Anatomical Manikin are extremely important for understanding of students. Therefore, Academy of Health Sciences has imported Transparent Anatomical Manikin for Paramedics students from USA for a better understanding. (Attached pictures and videos for those Transparent Anatomical Manikin)
- Dealing in dangerous environment; at harsh places and very risky states.
- Saving life.
Emergency Trauma 1
Emergency Trauma 2
Emergency Medical Care 1
Emergency Medical Care 2
Autonomy and Self-Study
Anatomy of The Human Body 1
Anatomy of The Human Body 2
Physiology of The Human Body 1
Physiology of The Human Body 2
Basics of Minor Surgery
Medical Term 1
Introduction to Emergency Medical Services
Medical English 1
Medical English 2
Medications for emergency medicine
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Self