Nursing BA Program
Nursing Programme is the second pillar of Academy of Health Sciences. Furthermore, it is a critical process for securing life before, and at hospitals before the intensive care is being allied.
Nursing is a highly civilized and humanitarian profession. It is an artistic science that aims to provide society with medical service personalities to maintain and improve the health and life of the individuals.
Nursing is the root of the tree for Academy of Health Sciences.
Equality and Diversity concepts:
- provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our students, whether temporary, part-time or full-time.
- Prevent all types of discriminate related characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation.
- oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in pay and benefits, terms and conditions of students, dealing with grievances and discipline, dismissal, redundancy, leave for parents, requests for flexible working, and selection for students, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities.
- encourage equality and diversity for students as they are good practice in the educational sense.
- create a studying environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
- This commitment includes training students and all stuff about their rights and responsibilities under the equality concepts. Responsibilities include staff conducting themselves to help the academy provide equal opportunities in students, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination.
Aims of Nursing Programme:
- Enhancing and providing society with qualified academic cadres with high scientific and practical competence in the field of nursing.
- Enhancing and providing society with academic and administrative staff to suit scientific progress.
- Enhancing and providing society with the most advanced tools, equipment and teaching aids to serve the educational process in the programme.
- To provide excellent education that prepares the learner to become a member of the nursing profession, meeting the dynamic needs of diverse populations.
- Integrate best practices in nursing education to promote student success.
- Prepare graduates to provide safe, evidence-based, patient-centered care that reflects ethical clinical judgment and professional collaboration.
- Participate in the delivery of care within a variety of environments with the goal of reducing health disparities.
- Use the latest technological devices to enhance access.
- Follow up and keep pace with the latest changes in the health care.
- Cease the pains of injured people and focus upon the ethical principle of the profession in Syria.
- Contribute to the profession of nursing by writing articles, publish books and prepare educational videos in order to extend the awareness to the importance of nursing.
The program is certified by ACQUIN Accrediterungs-, Certifizierungs- und Qualitätssicherungs-Institut.
Structure of the Program:
Nursing program is Short Cycle Higher Education programs and it is portrayed as this kind of degree that simulates the Level 5 courses in UK with 98 ECTs corresponding to International Standard Classification of Education, ISCED 2011.
Paramedics programme is taught at the campus of the method of Face to Face teaching. Theoretical and practical lectures are being taught. Students are to attend seminars, go to hospitals and have laboratory sessions. The programme was intended to be 4 years BA but due to the unstable circumstances in Syria, we were forced to reduce it to 2 years course. Anyway, whenever we guarantee that the Security situation is stable, we are going to adopt the 4 years plan.
- Incorporates theoretical and practical concepts in the profession of nursing. Taking the extremity of injuries in Syria, more can be provided to the scientific arena regarding dealing with intensive cases and extreme injuries.
- Apply best professional standards into nursing practice with consideration of clinical expertise and patient preferences, ethics, principles and values.
- Demonstrate responsiveness to the larger context of the healthcare system.
- Function effectively within nursing and foster open communication, collaboration, mutual respect, and shared decision-making in society.
- Provide patient-centered care that recognizes individuals’ values, ethics, principles and needs. Never forgetting to respect the privacy of the patient and provide all the required care.
- Promote individual and population health, wellness, and disease prevention at society.
- Use information and technology to provide care, communicate, educate, manage knowledge, prevent error, and make critical decisions that optimize patient outcomes.
- Minimize risk of harm to patients, providers, and the public through continuous improvement in both system effectiveness and individual performance.
Fundamentals of Nursing
Nursing (History, Ethics and Issues)
Descriptive Anatomy 1
Autonomy and Self-Study
Introduction to Medical English
Adult Nursing 1
Adult Nursing 2
Gynecology OF Nursing
Critical Care Nursing
Community Health Nursing
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes